Friday, December 28, 2012

A Journey of Self Discovery (or Why Unpacking My Closet is Like an Archeological Dig)

We moved last week. This has been a journey in self-discovery similar to what I imagine Anaïs Nin, Thoreau, Pi and Britney went through. The following are my revelations.

Things I’ve learned about myself while unpacking:

1. I am under the impression that chain belts are going to come back in style. Also shiny spandex running pants.

2. I had no idea whatsoever that the VHS tape might one day be obsolete

3. If you and I ever dated, I probably have a pair of your socks

4. I apparently thought that labelling computer disks was for suckers

5. I have enough slightly used hair products and gifts-with-purchase lipsticks to open a specialty store

6. I have an unconscious desire to start a business refurbishing old Bic pens

7. I will eat chocolate that is older than both of my children.

8. I have never worn anything I’ve bought at H&M

9. If we are friends, there is 67% chance that I have a signed and sealed birthday card for you that I forgot to mail

10. I have a tough time throwing things out

No comments:

Post a Comment