Monday, December 31, 2012

Resolutions from an Expert

Only once have I kept a new year’s resolution but I had to make the same resolution two years in a row for it to stick. That said, because most resolutions fail and because I did manage to keep flossing long past the one year mark, I do feel like a little bit of an expert on resolution making.

While it is advisable to stick to a very small list of resolutions, I, being a resolution expert (ask my dentist if you don’t believe me), have compiled a longer list for myself.

Sheri's List of Resolutions:

  • Eat less candy
  • Buy less candy
  • Don’t feel obligated to eat all candy that was previously bought
  • Eat less chocolate
  • Buy less chocolate
  • Don’t feel obligated to eat all chocolate that was previously bought
  • Make new and exciting meals for my family on a regular basis
  • Try not to get upset when family hates new and exciting meals that I have made for them
  • Stop buying every hair product on the market that promises a silky sheen
  • Be willing to throw out all previously purchased hair products that do not provide silky sheen promised on the package
  • Show husband that I appreciate him every day (because I do)
  • Pretend that I think husband is right about something every day (because he would totally fall for that)
  • Stop swearing behind the wheel (because my children will not believe that “mother trucker” is a term of affection for fellow drivers indefinitely)
  • Try to do at least .4 percent of the things I pin on Pinterest.
  • Blog at least once a week


I realize that this is a very ambitious list, but that’s just the kind of person I am.


*UPDATE*

The new year is about happiness (which is why people say happy new year) and happiness is very strongly tied to self-esteem. This is why it is very important not to set oneself up for failure by setting unattainable goals. As such, here is my slightly revised list:


Sheri's List of Resolutions:

  • Do not miss any episodes of Grey’s Anatomy
  • Try to finish all chocolate  and candy in the house in anticipation of next year’s resolution
  • Blog sometime


(Happy new year!)

2 comments:

  1. I ended up finding you because I literally googled trying to find my funny-- since that's exactly how I felt and what I wanted to find. I may not have found my funny, but I found yours and it's just my kind of funny. Your haircut story nailed it!!! Please more funny at least till I find mine. tsgoyna
    tanzman

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found this comment (as I am so unaccustomed to people commenting!). Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete