Friday, June 25, 2010

Sheri's Blog?

“What are you going to name your blog?” asked my husband. 
“Trying to Find my Funny”
“You don’t think that’s setting expectations too high?”
“No, because it’s about how I lost my funny not about how I AM funny”
“Are you going to talk about that every time?”
“Well no, but it’s the reason I am starting the blog”
“Hmmm….I prefer a blog that is titled what it is going to talk about, it’s less confusing. Take Carolyn’s blog – Hell in a Handbasket …the name just doesn’t make sense”
“Sure it does— she has religious themes – it’s a Christian blog”
“But she never talks about going to hell in a handbasket so I always forget that is her blog”
 “Then what should she call it? “ I ask
“Carolyn’s blog”.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting to know that the name makes it had to find my blog. Since I am sometimes ambivalent about people I know actually READING it, though, I don't know if that's a bad thing .... My blog is called Hell in a Handbasket because, before I started writing it, I used to respond to news stories that made me sputter and/or shriek by forwarding them to friends, along with my rant, under the title "The World is Going to Hell is Handbasket". When I decided to channel my rants into a blog, I took the name with me. So I guess, like Sheri, the name comes from the impetus behind starting the blog. I blog as much as an exercise of self-discipline (to force me to coherently develop my responses so that they're not just rants .... and I guess my lack of blogging in recent months may be a sign of lack of discipline ...) as I do for whatever audience I have (though knowing that the audience is out there is what creates the discipline to try to say something intelligent), so the title is as much a reminder for me as it if for anyone else.

    ReplyDelete